Scanner

Scanner

Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Using the Recorder Feature to Confirm Frequency Usage

In my local area we have a few frequencies which are owned and operated by a two way rental company that then shared these frequencies between multiple users, using different CTCSS tones. This makes confirming who is using the frequency harder then simply being able to look up the user on the ACMA database.

Since purchasing the UBCD436PT, I have found that the recorder feature is excellent for this sort of thing, it not only records the audio but also the frequency, CTCSS tones and other information. Below is a short video of this in use, I have created a new system (called Logging System) on the UBCD436PT and then added the frequencies in question in to this. I can then leave the UBCD436PT recording and then come back later to review these loggings.




Based on my recordings over the past few weeks I have confirmed the following:

485.25MHz / 141.3Hz = Bus Company
485.25MHz / 167.9Hz = Gravel /landscaping supplies
485.25MHz / 173.8Hz = Security

488.55MHz / 123Hz = Cement Company (Hanson?)
488.55MHz / 151.4Hz = Courier 

Over time I will continue to record these frequencies and add extra information as I come across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment